Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Reason we fail and how to guarantee success

Have you ever gone on a trip into a foreign state or city with a list of places to visit? When my wife and I were first married we went to California to a friends wedding and were lost most of the time. Before GPS was available on phones widely, we used road maps and neither of us were good navigators. The result: lots of fights, wrong turns, hurt feelings and tardiness. Suffice it to say when we renewed our cell phone plans we opted for unlimited and data with google maps. 

"Dieting" and working out is the same way. You go to the grocery store and don't know what to buy, you show up at the gym and don't know any of the equipment is for. As a result you try your best to buy food you think is good, you work out in a way you think will help, like hours of cardio, and in the end you give up because results are dismal to none. 

1.YOU NEED A REAL ROAD MAP. 

This is a non-paid reccomendation. I used Beyonddiet.com to get started. I paid $47.00 for the basic program. It gave me 2 weeks of grocery lists and foods for every meal to get into good consistent food habits. I have this program to thank for getting me started. 

2. YOU NEED TO BE COMMITED

Not wake up and say, "I need to lose weight committed." But plan everything you put in your body and every workout you do committed. No excuses no rationalizations, follow every turn on the road map you create. Do these two things and you will find success. It is not easy. It's really hard actually. Nothing in life that is easy is worth doing. I plan every meal I eat now using fatsecret.com.

You will either have the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. One is short lived the other never goes away until you make the change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment