Saturday, August 17, 2013

High Carb Day

Today is my high carb day. Here is my meal plan . http://fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=fj&track=1&ref=h&link=menu Notice the bulk of my calories are consumed with breakfast. The advice is to eat a large amount of your calories right after a workout. This way your metabolism really kicks up and your body uses the energy from your food to quickly rebuild your muscle and help with recovery. Here is how my food is taken in:

Immediately after workout: Protein shake. *I do not use cytosport, it's just the closest in nutrition to what I do use. I opt for Gnarly brand Protein powder, it is clean pure new zeland whey and is awesome. Buy it here: gognarly.com or on amazon.com


Breakfast 7:30-8:30am: Steel cut oatmeal made with almond milk and water sweetened with honey and 100% natural grade b maple syrup * do not use any other kind of maple syrup, aunt jemima will kill you! I also add 1T greek yogurt for creaminess and a little extra protein and probiotics mix in a C. of fruit for sweetness and vitamins. 4 egg whites w/ground turkey and salsa cooked in expeller pressed coconut oil. Coconut oil is an amazing food but we will save that for a later time.

Morning Snack: 10:30-11:00: 2 T Adams 100% natural peanut butter with salt. I cut up an organic gala apple and dip in peanut butter. This is my favorite snack!

Lunch: 12:30-1:30: Homemade chicken taco soup, this is made with beans tomatoes boneless skinless chicken breast and frest homemade salsa. I add a little greek yogurt for texture. DO NOT USE PACE PICANTE OR OTHER COMMERCIAL SALSAS. They are LOADED WITH SUGAR. Remember read the labels.

Afternoon Snack 3:30-4:00: 1 Medium Banana 1 C. Strawberries

Dinner: 5:30-6:30: 1 Can light tuna in water mixed with mustard salt, pepper and 1 T greek yogurt in place of mayonaise. There is never any reason to eat mayonaise. Made a sandwich with honey whole wheat bread, and a tomato. Be prudent with bread, it should only have about 4-6 ingredients: Whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, sugar. Some may have some grains or honey, but if there is more than that DO NOT BUY IT.

If you find youself starving at night drink plenty of water and maybe have a high protein snack before bed e.g. almonds, cheese, protein shake. But I prefer to have nothing after 7. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment