Saturday, February 1, 2014

Start Your Engine

Pee Wee Herman taught me: "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" Followed by his trade mark hahaha! I often wonder what he had the morning before he made his way into a special theater and ruined his career. Despite his faults as a human being, he was right when it came to breakfast. When you eat soon after waking up you get your body running, your metabolism kicks up and your body starts going. If you proceed to your daily activity without any nutrition it is like jumping in your car to go work on an empty tank of fuel. Along with having energy and feeling good, your body will start burning fat and converting it to energy. Here is one of my favorite breakfasts. It is quick, easy and packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Keep in mind I have a protein shake on my nightstand as well that I drink with vitamins as soon as I wake up.

Blue Berry Oatmeal:

Ingredients:



2 C. Water or 1 C. water, 1 C. milk ( I use raw or almond)
1/4 t. sea salt
1 C. Steel cut oats
1 C. Blueberries
1 T Greek Yogurt
1 T Honey
1 T organic grade A or B maple Syrup

Prepare oatmeal as directed on package. After waiting for 2 minutes, mix in blueberries, honey maple syrup and greek yogurt. My kids eat this stuff like crazy and I know it is good for them. It is a great alternative to cold cereal (fried corn and sugar coating.)




No comments:

Post a Comment