Monday, October 28, 2013

Why Me?

When your kids have you at your wits end think of  mourning parents of a deceased child or a woman longing to be a mother but never will. When you think your house is too small or poorly decorated think about the families living in shacks, projects or outdoors. When you feel too fat, skinny, ugly, have bad hair or not enough make up think about those who wonder where their next meal will come from. When you stare in a closet and have nothing to wear think about those who are happy to have one set of clothes to protect them from the elements. When you hate your job feel for the father who is searching to find work and can't seem to hold anything down. When you wonder why me, think about it this way. Why do I get to live in such a free country, why do I have every opportunity I could possibly ask for looking me in the face and pass it up, why am I wealthier than 99% of the world's population. Why won't I die of starvation this week, month or year. Why do guerilla soldiers not storm my house violate my women and turn my children into slaves and hate mongers. You are reading this, it means you have it pretty damn good, so stop complaining about all the things you wish you were or had and start r being grateful for the life you have been given. Then use it to improve the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment